Monday, March 1, 2010

Blog Eleven

Writing the final draft of my literacy narrative was probably the most time I've ever spent editing anything - ever! I was smart enough to wait until the night/early morning before to start on it, but I worked out a system to help me utilize the maximum amount of editing potential within me. There were a little twerks to my editing process. One included completely editing it on a hard copy and then just copying it onto the document and the other was having a peer read it and give me feedback. After I read the hard copy over once and then on my re-read I really started on the editing stage. Using the feedback I got from my second draft, I cut parts out and added paragraphs to help restructure my paper. After filling up my paper with all the changes I needed to make, I turned on my computer and went from there. I hit plenty of speedbumps along the way - getting sidetracked for a couple of hours, but I was finally done a good three hours later. When I was finally done, I actually woke up a friend, who's an English major, to read my paper and let me know what needed to be fixed. He gave me adequate feedback and again, I spent another hour or so editing it. Eventually exhaustion caught up with me, but (thank God) I crossed the finish line already and I was done. Finito.

No comments:

Post a Comment