Monday, February 22, 2010

Blog Nine

Having read this before, I really wasn't expecting my reaction to change (last time I thought it was barely interesting). Maybe because I actually read it this time (instead of skimming through it - sorry), I loved it. I found Elbow very relatable - he definitely knows how to appeal to a lazy college student. One of my favorite statements he said is a student can always learn how to write without a teacher. Not only does it support the title of his text, but it's so true (regarding the process of writing). To me, writing disregards the teacher, it really is just about the writer and his/her thoughts. Another point Elbow makes is how freewriting has the ability to liberate one's inner editor. I definitely have a problem with just being able to write whatever I choose, because I have a tendency to overthink virtually everything. Elbow not only points out exactly WHY i edit during the writing process, but gives a way to correct it - through freewriting. Overall, Elbow states the most important factor about writing is just writing. Letting it all go (and letting it flow) onto the paper, without worrying about correctness nor grammar.

No comments:

Post a Comment